SilentAction (hereafter referred to as the "Company"), provides its services (the "Service") to make it easy for users (you) to raise money through their social networks for causes or projects they support and care about (the "Campaigns"). You have control of your information and decide what you want to share with everyone. This includes contact and personal information and details of your Campaigns. You control the sharing of that information by using the Campaigns tab on the website and your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ (the "Social Networks") privacy settings.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE:
- While using the website, you may provide us with anonymous information, personal information and additional materials. You provide us with anonymous information such as your IP address, areas of the Application you have visited, time and date, and whether or not you clicked on links. We use technologies such as cookies to collect this information. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user's computer. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. Session cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. We also use persistent cookies that store other information to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Application. You can configure your browser to block cookies; however, if you do, the Application may not function properly. If you choose to click on a link to any outside website, anonymous information may be provided to that website.
- You provide us personal information if you register on the company's website. You may also post information, opinions, text, sounds, photographs, audio, video, images, graphics, and other content or materials of any nature (collectively, "Materials") on the website. You have control of who sees this Material on Social Networks through your use of the privacy setting available in your Social Network accounts.
USE OF THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE:
- You are in control of sharing personal information that you provide to the website, including by using the privacy settings of the Social Networks. If you choose to post Materials directly to public portions of the Application, including but not limited to the Summary, the Story, Story updates, comments, etc. obviously those Materials become publicly available and can be viewed by other users and anyone with the URL to your campaign, and may also show up in search engine results.
- The company may also use the publicly available information you provide to help promote your campaign on social networking websites such as television, radio, local or national newspapers, printed newspapers, blogs, forums and other electronic properties.
- Your personally identifiable information will not be sold to or shared with advertisers or spammers.
- We may use your email address to contact you and notify you of any news. Generally, you cannot opt-out of receiving certain communications such as service-related announcements and administrative messages, except by terminating your use of the Service.
- The company may use personal information you elect to provide to us in order to provide services to you and, if you elect, other users and for administration, maintenance and development of the website.
- The company may use anonymous information collected to improve the quality of the website. This information may help us to diagnose problems, maintain security, and provide services users want. Company may determine user demographics, interests, and behavior and may share such anonymous information with others. For example, we may provide demographic or usage information to an organization so they may see how many users are located in a specific geographic area.
USE OF INTERCOM:
SHARING OF INFORMATION:
We share your personally identifiable information in four cases: (1) with your permission, (2) as required by law, and (3) change of ownership, each as more fully described in the paragraphs below.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Service or using the company's brand names, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- Please remember that anyone who has access to your Social Network usernames and passwords may be able to access your personal information; therefore, we encourage you to keep your passwords secret to prevent any unwanted access.
DELETIONS/CORRECTIONS AND UPDATES:
Prior to receiving a donation, you can delete your campaign. You can also edit your information to ensure that it is correct and up-to-date. You can revoke your permission for the Application to connect to your Social Network accounts at any time.
The Company is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its Users, particularly children. For this reason, to use this Application, you must meet or exceed the minimum age requirement to register an account with us. Company does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the minimum age requirement.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
The website may contain links to other websites, including but not limited to businesses, nonprofits and other organizations. Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to the website.
During the course of any visit to the Site, the pages you see, along with something called "cookies," are downloaded to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you usually can change your browser to limit or prevent cookies. Cookies in themselves do not personally identify the individual user, but rather the computer that is being used to access the Site. You may have the opportunity to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. Different browsers may address cookies differently. If you set your browser to not accept cookies, it may result in certain personalized services not being provided to you when you use that computer.
- Company takes reasonable precautions to protect our users' information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Even after removal, copies of Materials may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your Materials. If you have any questions about the security of the website, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We maintain a variety of safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. You should be aware, however, that company's website has no control over the security of other websites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those websites from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others cannot access your personal information.
- We want you to feel confident using the Site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take commercially reasonable steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches or other communications always will remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your personal information, we will notify you if reasonably possible and as reasonably necessary so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may notify you under such circumstances using the email address(es) we have on record for you. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your personal information.
INFORMATION YOU PUBLICLY POST:
Any Publicly Available Content is available to the public without any expectation of privacy or confidentiality. Copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your Publicly Available Content even if you remove the Publicly Available Content. To request removal of your personal information from these areas of the site, contact us using the information below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. The profile you create on our site will be publicly visible.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO FACEBOOK AND OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES:
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS:
You can choose to opt out of receiving emails from SilentAction by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any such e-mail. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than 10 business days. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.